The Folk School concept started in Scandinavia, known as "folkehøjskole”. The best online casino echtgeld bonus ohne einzahlung bring the community together to celebrate the beauty of where we live while creating an opportunity for individuals to share and exchange their cultural knowledge, talents, and skills with each other. With an increasing interest and attendance in free slots uk gatherings such as farmers markets, music festivals, and theme oriented conferences, many community Folk Schools have sprung up all over the United States. As a place to share traditional folk knowledge and skills with each other through courses for children, adults, and families.
What better place than Homer to begin such a school! Help us create an environment to share music, art, nature, gardening, cooking, food preservation, homesteading, woodworking, boat building, wilderness and outdoor skills, and more. We hope that you will join us and become a part of helping to develop Homer Folk School. Take a class or teach one. Volunteer, donate, or help us with our fundraising. We invite you to find your place at HFS.
Homer Folk School is a community gathering place and collaborative learning environment that teaches traditional knowledge and hands‐on skills with respect for the web of life.
To enrich lives and build community
To teach traditional arts and crafts
To provide a student-centered learning environment
To inspire the hands, heart, and mind
Hier kannst du umsonst spielen
- HFS is a community gathering place for lifelong learning
- HFS provides a hands‐on, inter-generational learning environment
- HFS offerings are collaborative, inclusive, and affordable
- HFS teaches the respect for the interconnectedness of all life
- HFS is locally rooted and globally inspired
- HFS honors the wisdom of our elders and the innovation of youth
- HFS emphasizes sustainable independence and community interdependence
Homer Folk School is a 501 (c) (3) educational nonprofit, and depends on the generous support of donors, instructors and volunteers at many levels.